It may share a resemblance to Daystate’s beautifully styled Pulsar flagship precharged pneumatic, but the all‐new Renegade is distinguishable by a secret hidden deep within its synthetic stock: its Precharged action is mechanically‐driven!
In place of an electronic GCU (Gun Control Unit) and map compensated firing cycle, the heart of the Renegade beats around the mechanical Harper‐patented Slingshot Hammer system, as fitted to its popular Wolverine and Regal siblings. The result is an all‐new rifle that shares many of the features equipped on the revolutionary Pulsar, but without all the computerised complexity and expense.
Yet the Renegade is itself not devoid of ground‐breaking features, not least it’s Hybrid Trigger Unit (HTU). Historically, the bullpup design has delivered limitations with the trigger release due to the more forward location requiring inefficient levers that are detrimental to a good feel. With the electronic Pulsar, this problem was overcome. And Daystate has now extended its know‐how to develop a hybrid electronic/mechanical trigger for the Renegade – the first system of its kind to be seen on a high powered PCP air rifle, and marking an end to the age‐old problem of a poor trigger let‐off for mechanically‐driven bullpups.
Powered by a single, readily available PP3 type 9‐volt battery, the HTU simply transfers the trigger’s movement via a wire to a small solenoid which, instantaneously, releases the normally functioning sears toward the rear of the Renegade’s action. In essence, it’s an electronic, fly‐by‐wire system that brings the best of both worlds to the bullpup configuration.
- Overall Length: 760mm (30 ins)
- Barrel Length: 430 mm (17 ins)
- Cylinder Capacity 300 cc
- Weight (unscoped): 3.4 – 3.8 kg (7.5 – 8.3 lbs) depending on stock type and battery type
- Available Calibres: 0.22 (5.5 mm)
- Loading: Via sidelever
- Magazine: 10-Shot rotary, removable (from left or right). Also supplied with magnetic single-shot loading tray Fill
- Pressure: Up to 230 BAR (3,335 psi)
- Trigger: Electronic release. Adjustable for weight and length of stage
- Battery Life: Up to 17,000 shots
- Safety: Manual, cross bar , bolt open deactivation
- Stock: Synthetic Green or Black
- OPTIONS: Sling swivels, bipod, Airstream general silencer, Huggett Belita silencer